Show your support
Walkable neighborhoods with good sidewalks are the foundation of a complete transportation system.
Currently in Denver:
- Many people with disabilities, older adults, and parents with children struggle to get around parts of Denver where the sidewalks are missing, too narrow, or in bad condition.
- Low-income neighborhoods are the most likely to have unsafe, poorly-maintained sidewalks.
- Policies that force adjacent property owners to shoulder the full cost of sidewalk construction and repair can be a huge financial burden.
The Denver Deserves Sidewalks program would:
- Remove the responsibility for repairs from adjacent property owners and place this responsibility on the City.
- Fund the construction and repair of sidewalks citywide, through a modest annual fee charged to property owners, so that everyone can get around Denver more freely and safely.
- Enable the construction of a complete sidewalk network that serves every Denver neighborhood within 9 years.
- Provide ongoing funding for sidewalk repairs.
Unite North Metro Denver
Paid for by the Denver Deserves Sidewalks Campaign Committee.