Show your support
All donations made by July 1 will be matched 3:1!
- Sign the petition to help us get on the ballot at one of these upcoming events
- Wednesday, July 6: 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Endorse the campaign as an individual or on behalf of an organization (not the same as signing the official petition for us to qualify for the ballot)
Walkable neighborhoods with good sidewalks are the foundation of a complete transportation system.
Currently in Denver:
- Many people with disabilities, older adults, and parents with children struggle to get around parts of Denver where the sidewalks are missing, too narrow, or in bad condition.
- Low-income neighborhoods are the most likely to have unsafe, poorly-maintained sidewalks.
- Policies that force adjacent property owners to shoulder the full cost of sidewalk construction and repair can be a huge financial burden.
The Denver Deserves Sidewalks program would:
- Remove the responsibility for repairs from adjacent property owners and place this responsibility on the City.
- Fund the construction and repair of sidewalks citywide, through a modest annual fee charged to property owners, so that everyone can get around Denver more freely and safely.
- Enable the construction of a complete sidewalk network that serves every Denver neighborhood within 9 years.
- Provide ongoing funding for sidewalk repairs.
Paid for by the Denver Deserves Sidewalks Campaign Committee.